- CfP 5th D-A-CH+ Energy Informatics 2016
html / download as pdf
5th D-A-CH+ Energy Informatics 2016
Managing Data and Complexity in Energy Systems
D-A-CH+ Energy Informatics is a joint initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, the Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology, and the Swiss Federal Office of Energy (http://www.smartgrids-dach.eu/).
The ambitious D-A-CH targets for reducing greenhouse gas emission and enlarging the share of renewable energy sources result in a trend towards increasingly complex „systems of systems“. In the energy system, integration of heterogeneous and often networked components has become indispensable. Energy Informatics is developing the IT-based solutions required for achieving these targets and managing the complexity of the paradigm shift in energy systems.
The objective of Energy Informatics 2016 is to act as a promotor of innovative information and communication technologies and to foster the transfer between computer science and the energy application field. The conference addresses both scientists and practitioners.
Contributions can address, but are not restricted to, the following topics:
- ICT for Energy Networks – Approaches to coping with fluctuating energy sources, integration of decentralized power generation and storage, ICT for grid control and planning, control and safety systems, sensor networks, and systems for integrated energy management, stability and robustness of decentralized autonomous grid control.
- ICT for Mobility – Charge management for electric vehicles, energy-aware services for driver assistance, ICT-based mobility concepts, inter-modal mobility, energy-aware traffic control, smart grid integration of mobile storage.
- ICT in Buildings and Housing – Optimisation of the interplay between building systems, heating devices and energy networks, e.g. by integrating smart metering; use cases for digital metering in households; hybrid energy management; user interaction support; building energy operating systems.
- Cyber Physical Energy Systems – Security and privacy protection, interoperability, verification of networked smart grid systems, big data analytics for energy applications, energy efficiency and flexibility of industrial processes, demand response in scenarios of Industry 4.0, market mechanisms and business cases, ICT-based energy system services, assessment of the reliability of interlinked IT and energy systems, dynamic & real time data analysis, strategies for complexity reduction.
Submission and Publication
Research papers will be reviewed double-blind. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the Springer Journal “Computer Science – Research and Development (CSRD)”.
The conference language will be English, therefore, papers should be written in English. Possible submission formats are
- Full Research Paper (max. 12 pages) and
- Research in Progress Paper (max. 8 pages).
Depending on level of progress, papers are accepted as presentations or poster.
- Submission deadline extended
March 30th, 2016April 14, 2016
- Information on acceptance or rejection
May 17th, 2016June 2nd, 2016
- Submission of final papers
June 14th, 2016Juni 20th, 2016